Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My New Favorite Thing.

I bought this bird feeder for myself for mothers day and had my husband fill with bird seed and put it up for me. I had him put it up by my lilac bush which is right in front of my living room window. So this was May. It sat there for a very long time with no birds coming to feed. I was beginning to wonder if the birds would ever find the feeder or not. I finally saw a bird feeding in July! It was so cool! Than more birds came and now I can't believe how many come to feed and how often they feed! It is so fun to watch them and listen to them. They come from dawn until dusk and I can't believe how fast the bird seed goes! I will have four to five birds on the feeder and about ten to twelve more in the bush. Sometimes they fight! My son was over the other day and said it sounds like you have a bunch of monkeys in the bush! That is how noisy they can be! It is fun to sit and watch them when they get their feathers all ruffled up and screaming at each other. My husband bought me this magazine "Nature's Garden" and in this magazine it tells what kind of plants to plant to create a back yard bird buffet. So my plan is to put in bushes and other plants and also flowers. They have this one section of flowers that humming birds like and also butterflies. There is also a project for my husband since he likes to make things. So I am pretty excited about my new favorite thing and it is stress relieving!

No comments: